from FFS member, Gabriel F: “…a recipe for zucchini that i got from a friend (it’s from her British mom). I’ve made it once and it’s super easy and tasty.”
- 4 or 6 x Fresh young Courgettes (aka Zucchini), grated
- 1lb. Pasta (Penne, Farfalle or Pappardelle)
- 2 x Cloves Garlic grated
- 1 x teaspoon Chilli flakes or finely sliced fresh chilli (Adjust up or down to taste)
- 3 x Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 x Tablespoons butter
- Scant cup of Parmesan grated for sauce + Parmesan for table.
Bring large saucepan of water to boil, add the pasta.
Meanwhile in heatproof dish (cast iron ideal) place the olive oil and butter and gently heat, add the grated garlic and chilli and very gently heat so that the flavours mingle with the oil.
It is very important not to colour the garlic.
About 3 minutes before the pasta is ready add the grated courgette to the oil and toss keeping the heat low. Now add the grated parmesan and stir gently.
Drain the pasta ( retaining about 250 ml of fluid ).
Add some of liquid to sauce and add pasta. Toss pasta and sauce together and cook for another 30 seconds (add more liquid if sauce looks too heavy )
Serve immediately with more parmesan and fresh green salad.